Sunday, November 13, 2011

Garter stitch orgy

Now that the baby/toddler items are done, all I want to do is knit. No seed stitch, no ribbing, no purling, just knit. The Mason-Dixon Mitered Crosses blanket is perfect for that.


I have all the mitered cross squares done, but am struggling with the joining of them. So I decided to weave in ends first, a Sisyphean task that is easy to put down.

When not weaving in ends, I have been knitting EZ's Suspender Cardigan from Knit One Knit All. Not only is this all garter, all the time, but it incorporates some interesting construction.

First, you knit the back.


Then you knit up one side of the front, and build the collar while attaching the back.


Then it is back down the other side of the front, making i-cord loops along the way.


That is just the center front/back. Once that is complete, you pick up stitches along the sides and knit the "suspenders" and sides and sleeves. Quite clever.

Last week I was on the road, so I do have a pair of baby-cable socks on the needles, but they are not progressing very quickly. And while trying to neaten up the craft room, I grabbed some mohair-silk lace weight (not Kidsilk Haze, but like it) that has been laying around for quite some time, and started a wrap. It's another project that is easy to put down, primarily because of the yarn. I guess I am feeling lazy, want only something easy to work on. Hence, the garter.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Your blanket is going to be lovely!

You sent me scurrying to Ravelry immediately. I didn't know there was an EZ book I didn't have. That is SO going on my Christmas wish list!!!