Saturday, November 26, 2011

More progress

The Suspender Sweater continues to toot along. I've been alternating sides, and am actually farther along than these photos indicate. In fact, the sleeve caps are done, as are the sides. All that is left are the sleeves.


I'm getting a little anxious about running out of yarn. When I purchased the gray and pink, I did not have a sweater in mind, much less a garter stitch one. I also envisioned using more of the pink.


If I run short, I can repeat the suspender pattern at the cuffs, assuming all I need is two extra inches per sleeve. And I have enough black Cascade 220 to use that to i-cord around the hem. Let's just hope the knitting goddesses look with favor upon this project.

The Mohair Bias Loop is limping along. I can stand to work only a few rows at a time - love the result but hate knitting this yarn (Super Kid Seta by Trendsetter Yarns - very much like Kidsilk Haze).


You would think using US10.5 needles would speed things up, but no. I even have to count each stitch, to make sure I don't drop one. This project will take a while.


And just because she is so darn cute, here is Toddler N, modeling her Debbie Bliss A-Line Cardigan on Thanksgiving Day.


I am thankful for a lot of things, but especially for grandchildren.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

You projects are coming along nicely!
I hate mohair too! Good luck with it.