Thursday, March 23, 2017

Oz socks

I really love the base and the colorways of the self-striping Poste yarn created by Simply Sock Yarn Co. My craft room includes a fair number of fancy sock knitting books, but lately I just let the yarn do the talking via a plain vanilla toe-up pattern. Easy peasy.


Pattern: Short-row toe and heel basic socks, by Wendy D. Johnson
Yarn: Simply Sock Yarn Co Poste Yarn Striping, in 'Oz' and Simply Sock in 'Silver Lining'
Needles: US1
Modifications: none to speak of


I favor primary colors, so these rainbow stripes are eye candy to me. Sometimes my camera does not pick up the different colors of self-striping yarn very well, so I tried a different background and a close up. Must work on my photo skills.


Today may be the last day (fingers crossed) of wool sock weather. We didn't have much of a winter, so the hand knitted sock collection didn't get its usual workout. Still, I'm ready for spring.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

Those socks are wonderful. IF you had done them with a pattern it would have made them too busy. I love the colors.