Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Another Pine Forest baby blanket

I finished a baby blanket just like this one in January, for a soon-to-be-adopted baby boy. Alas, the adoption fell through (which is one reason I eschewed blue). Happily, another adoption was arranged, this time for twin girls. I am thrilled for the new parents (and a little sad for the bio parents). I also felt compelled to knit another blanket.


Pattern: Pine Forest Baby Blanket, by Ingrid Aartun Bøe
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash, in colorway 905 ('Celery')
Needles: US8 (cast on and bound off with US9)
Modifications: None except to slip the first stitch of each row knitwise


I have to admit that I feel a little estranged from knitting these days, as I am focused more on weaving. If there is another baby blanket in my future, I might try weaving it. Or not. Baby blankets are very portable projects, almost as portable as socks.

No comments: