Saturday, January 04, 2020

New hip, new year, new hair

My gray hair doesn't hold color very well, but that doesn't stop my stylist from trying once in a while. She actually *sampled* the dye on a snip of my hair from a previous haircut; the magenta came out a soft pink. We'll see how long it lasts.

Pay no attention to the grimace - I'm selfie challenged

Knitting: The socks are finished! (Separate post pending.) So now I am free to return to the L-bag.
Needle felting: The order arrived from Living Felt, so Dill now has lime green "skin" plus a dorsal ridge of darker green. And hands? Paws? Something at the ends of the front legs.
Spinning: YES! I have returned to spinning, only after rearranging the studio a bit in order to be able to enter the room without taking a fall. It's back to the light grey Shetland from Jamieson.

Life is becoming a bit more normal. I am transitioning from the walker to a cane, which enables me to do more. For example, today I fetched the mail (the postal box is across the street from my driveway), filled the bird feeders, cleaned the litter boxes (my SO gifted me with a metal long-handled scooper), watered houseplants, baked scones, etc. In another week or so, I may even try driving. Woohoo!

No comments: