Saturday, October 24, 2020

Stash busting plan

I have a LOT of Cascade 220 Superwash in colors that no one wants to wear anymore. My granddaughter used to love pink, but no more. I knit her a sweater in lavender which she found too hot. Then there are bits and bobs that are left over from other projects. What to do with all that yarn? Why, crochet baby blankets!

Crochet: Started (and started and started once again) a baby blanket that uses a shell stitch.



Knitting: Progress continues on the mittens.


Spinning: Started spinning some Blue Moon Sheep-2-Shoe superwash merino top, in 'Jailhouse Rock' (which I would have named 'Tie-dyed Rainbow'). I'm not making socks with it; I learned the hard way that sock yarn has nylon in it for a reason.


My SO and I have one more pottery class next week; we'll be glazing our pieces. I will probably take my granddaughter to her gem and mineral meeting later that same week, primarily because she earned a badge and I think it will be presented then. The city has okay'd Trick or Treating; I plan to put goodie bags on a table in the driveway for the little goblins. After that, I will curtail my already curtailed activities as Covid cases continue to surge, here and elsewhere. I'm not sure what we'll do about the holidays besides wait and see. Wear a mask, wash your hands, stay home if you can, be safe.

No comments: