Saturday, July 17, 2021

I give up (sorta)

I gave it the ol' college try, but the red Tunis just became worse after my attempts to clean it using hand cards. So I decided to continue spinning (and picking as I go) until I have enough to ply. Then the rest of the roving is going to become dryer balls. I want to move on to better things.

Spinning: I did spin a little more of the red Tunis this past week when not tearing my hair out over the hand carding.
Weaving: I finished not only the heddle pick-up exercises in Anne Dixon's book, but also the unheddled pairs and unheddled singles and pairs exercises. Now I am starting the combined unheddled and heddled ones.


The inkle study group met today where I not only learned how to pick up unheddled and heddled combinations, but picked up a few tips to improve my technique. There is something to be said for learning in a group vs being self-taught or learning from YT videos. Next time, we hope to tackle Baltic-style patterns.

The spinning guild met for our annual picnic (no shared food this time) under a park pavilion (it's been raining almost non-stop around here) this past week. I spread out my decluttered offerings and got rid of about half of it. The next day I found MORE bits and bobs of fiber. I plan to keep hauling this stash to meetings until no one wants any more of it.

No comments: