Saturday, May 20, 2023

Just doing my job

My "title" with the weavers guild is "Finance and PR". This came about because the guild was oozing money - spending more than we take in. One solution was to raise the dues a bit. Another solution was to bring in new members. That's where I come in. I'm trying to raise the guild's profile in the community and provide non-guild members with the opportunity to learn about us and to learn weaving.

I'm impressed with the relationship the Duneland Weavers Guild has with the Chesterton Art Center. So I approached Artlink with the idea of teaching classes at their facility, classes that would be open to the public. Not only did they welcome that idea, they told me about "clubs" they have that meet regularly to pursue art-related activities, like figure drawing or "mindful mending". I shared this info with members of our guild board, and they think we can work something out here. We'll see.

Knitting: I started another Simple Rules cowl, using the art yarn I purchased at the Chesterton Art Center.
Spinning: I plied and wet finished the roving from Three Moons Fiberworks. The tencel-silk-merino blend is now chain plied and waiting to be skeined and finished.



Weaving: I worked on the "Jasper Johns" flag weaving; about halfway through the stripes.

My younger brother visited this past week, so that had an impact on fiber activities. I'm almost finished installing plants in the yard, so hopefully I will be able to spend more time fibering. The urge exists; there just needs to be more hours in the day and/or more energy in my bucket.

No comments: