Saturday, July 15, 2023

Argh!!!

I was knitting along on the Lempi sweater, fat, dumb, and happy, listening to an audio book, when I realized I had forgotten about the buttonholes. I missed not one buttonhole, but two. I do not want to rip back 50 rows of knitting, but I will if I have to. But first, I will try to drop the stitches in the middle of the buttonband to see if I can insert them. Meanwhile, the sweater is in a time-out.

(I took the sweater off the needles again and checked the size again. Also, I was curious about how the sweater would look without the lower buttons. Um, no. It needs the buttons.)

Knitting: See above.
Weaving: The rag rug on the Grizzly was pulling in so badly I unwove most of it and started using a temple to keep the selvages straight. Speaking of selvages, I've been working on the inkle band, which is turning out nice, but again, those selvages could use some work.


I've been getting the itch to do some dyeing, maybe because the natural dye workshop is coming up at the end of the month. The instructor sounds much more detailed in her approach to dyeing, while I'm more experimental, but then she dyes larger batches and sells the end product.

I also miss spinning, so don't be surprised if more art yarn pops up here. I'd like to improve my technique.

No comments: