Sunday, April 14, 2024

More purchases

I didn't go overboard at the (final) showing of the remaining fiber goodies from the estate sale. Focusing on sock yarn, I purchased a couple of skeins and their accompanying patterns (although I doubt I will use the patterns), plus a lonely single skein. Having taken a break from knitting socks, I am now back on board and have plenty of yarn now.



Superwash BFL & nylon

Then there was a kit of yarn that last time I picked up, then put down. I picked it up again, along with its pattern. This isn't enough for the sweater or hat (maybe those projects were finished?), so I think this batch was intended for the muff. I'm not a muff person, but I can probably convert the muff pattern to a cowl.


THEN this past weekend, my SO and I attended the West Michigan Potters Guild's show in Grand Rapids, MI, where the Woodland Weavers and Spinners Guild shared the space. Most of their products were finished projects - rugs, blankets, runners, placemats, towels, silk scarves, etc. which I was not interested in. The hand-dyed roving was another matter.

Rambouillet

Falkland

Merino

I would feel worse about breaking my self-imposed promise to not buy any fiber this year, but I have fiber friends who are older than me who *really* loaded up from the estate sale, including some tools and equipment they absolutely do NOT need. But as we all know, there is a big difference between need and want.

Knitting: Cruising along on the two pairs of socks. I took the brainless ones with me on our trip, but did no knitting.
Spinning: Still working on the tan roving. While hanging up the braid I purchased last weekend, I realized I have *another* whole braid of the tan. Gah!

I had a great chat with one of the workers at the fiber sale. I recently came up with the idea of tee-shirts to help raise the profiles of our local guilds. Now I have even more ideas of things we could do along those lines. We shall see if I can sell those ideas to the guild memberships.

No comments: