Sunday, April 21, 2024

Spindle cuteness

As I mentioned before, I sat next to a new weaving guild member who was spinning silk on a supported spindle. Hers was very pretty, purchased on Etsy. So I went there and ended up with this one.




I know next to nothing about supported spindling, but this baby feels very balanced. The online pix gave me the impression a bowl came with it, but what I thought was a bowl was just a prop. So now I need a bowl, which I can make from clay or I can make do with a small dish I have already made. I also need some online videos for learning how to get started. I think I'll start with some yak fiber I came across in my stash recently.

Knitting: Still working on both pairs of socks. The nonmatching ones are nearing the heel.
Spinning: Still working on the beige Tasman Comeback.

Yesterday Blogger was misbehaving and I wasn't sure I would be able to post ever again. Today it seems fine. If I ever just drop off the face of blogdom, know that it is probably from technical difficulties. Technology is great, until it isn't.

No comments: