Saturday, May 22, 2021

A gathering

Both my kids have May birthdays, so we usually get together around Mother's Day. Of course, last year that was not possible, so this year's gathering was extra special. My son and his girl friend had visited last October, for my birthday, but otherwise had not been here. My daughter managed to slip out of work early and pick up my granddaughter, so we had more than the usual suspects. We actually ATE OUT, then visited a couple of local galleries before heading back to my house for rhubarb pie and homemade ice cream. It was SO GOOD to see them!


Knitting: I finished the Reader's Wrap, BUT. One of the pockets looks wonky. At some point, I will fix it, but for right now, I am counting that project as DONE; separate post to come.
Spinning: Still working on the red Tunis.
Weaving: The towels are in the laundry as we "speak". Separate post to come.

Also in the laundry are most of my masks. I will keep a few on hand, as some places still require them; I will comply. I thought it would feel weird to stop wearing a mask everywhere, but actually it felt quite normal. We are more adaptable than some would lead us to believe.

P.S. The cortisone has kicked in and my shoulders feel MUCH better.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

So happy for you to have such a wonderful time with your family, you deserve it! Have a wonderful week.