Saturday, May 29, 2021

Summertime (more or less)

This happens every summer: yardwork takes over and fiber falls by the wayside. However, the weaving guild is having some summer sessions for their study groups. I want to participate in the inkle weaving one. The loom is sitting on the dining room table, just awaiting my attention. Too bad the weather is so nice. ;-)

Knitting: I *did* fix the pocket on the Reader's Wrap. It looks okay but only because I fiddled with it to get it to lay right.
Spinning: Over 200 yards of the red Tunis is now plied. Even though I thought I was being meticulous in picking out the VM, while plying I noticed more. There is still almost a pound of this fiber remaining. I plan to run it through my drum carder, to see if I can knock most of that VM out before spinning the rest.


I gifted the waffle weave dishcloths with instructions to use them and abuse them and to let me know how they hold up. The towel and placemat are staying here. Sometimes you just have to gift things to yourself.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

That yarn is so gorgeous, I just love it. Well done getting all you have done including yardwork. Stay safe.