Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Reader's Wrap, naturally

This project is basically a big rectangle with pockets. On Ravelry, a few knitters ask how to make this using different yarn. In my uncharitable moments, I think, OMG, people! Knit a swatch! But I know that, as a beginner, I slavishly followed pattern instructions, rarely daring to go my own way. This one would be difficult to get wrong, though.


Pattern: Reader's Wrap
Yarn: Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool, in '98 Natural' (total yardage: 870.6 yards, 425g)
Needles: US9 (although I cast on and bind off one size up, US10)
Modifications: Used seed stitch instead of moss stitch for border and pockets


For some reason, one of the pockets ended up wonky. At first, I was going to just let it go, but that didn't last. I resewed the pocket, but I still had to do some fudging to get it to look right. I am rather baffled as to what the problem is.


If you want to bust some stash and don't mind miles of stockinette, this is the project for you.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

I love your beautiful wrap, well done!