Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Chloe's Cool Cats

I started the SnB Alien Illusion Scarf a while back, but instead of using Brown Sheep Nature Spun, I went with Plymouth Yarn Encore. You wouldn't think it would make much difference, but it did. The scarf was too wide and too stiff, so I frogged it.

When I decided to give illusion knitting another try, I went with the Brown Sheep yarn but chose a different pattern: Cats in Shades. The yarn made a huge difference, and I like the cats better than the aliens.

Here we are, starting out. Already you can see the curl at the end of the scarf. As the knitting progressed, the sides curled a lot as well. And, as this photo shows, the side I carried the yarn up is a little tight (my fault - I tugged too hard when changing colors).



Consequently, I blocked the sh*t out of it, giving the scarf a full twenty minute soak, then smoothing the sides and pinning the ends. If I were to do it again, I would try heavily spritzing the edges instead, as the scarf really stretched.



Not that the results are all that bad. The colors are "spring green" and "snow".



BTW, I purchased the yarn online from Flying Fingers Yarn Shop. They were very accommodating.

No comments: