Saturday, February 10, 2007

Cabin Fever

For the third time this week, I stopped at Joann's, but this time I had a finite shopping list in hand: elastic thread, belt buckle, jute, beads, purse handles, and buttons. I needed only one spool of white elastic thread for the Sherbert Legwarmers and planned to pick up one of the black as well, but all they had was white and only three spools, so I took them all. (Is that proper crafting etiquette? To leave nothing for the next person?) No luck on the belt buckle for the Belt de Jour, as my belt looks dressy in black lamb's wool and the buckles at Joann's were definitely for the denim and rhinestone crowd. It took me a while to find the beading section, where apparently jute has been replaced with hemp, and I snagged a bag of turquoise beads as well; my plan is to make a belt using the stitch pattern from the Taupe Beast, studding it with turquoise, to wear with jeans. I was not impressed with the selection of purse handles, but they were on sale, so I grabbed a pair of 6" ones in wood for the Fat-Bottom Bag. And I had difficulty deciding on buttons for the baby hoodie: the yarn is snaggy, so I wanted a smooth shape; the yarn is bright and shiny, so I wanted an assertive color; I also wanted something cute. I managed two requirements out of three. Then I left, without buying any yarn!

No comments: