Thursday, February 01, 2007

Rescue LYS

While making my way to the needle rack at my LYS, I passed the sock yarns, and there, there, there was Sensational Knitted Socks. I not only was able to hold it and leaf through it before deciding to buy it, I also supported a locally-owned business. My house is small, so I must limit my book purchases to those I am likely to look at more than once. This one looks like a keeper.



Now I Hate Blogger

Blogger forced me into upgrading to the new version. The old version works fine, I don't want a Google account (a requirement - one more id/password to keep track of - gah!), and I'm new enough to blogging that change unsettles me. But recently, when I tried to log into the old Blogger, I kept winding up at a page that announced (rather arrogantly, I thought) that my blogs were being upgraded. I tried to complain, but the contact page is not really a contact page. I waited a few days to see if Blogger would relent, but no. It seemed my only choices were to never update my blog ever again or move to another blog host (more change - gah!) So I gave up and upgraded.

As a fellow Hoosier once remarked, I'm not against progress, as long as nothing changes.

No comments: