Sunday, July 29, 2007

Wrongway Peachfuzz

My proclivity for making at least one wrong turn on road trips has become a family joke, and it looks like I am continuing the tradition with my knitting. On Magic Stripes sock #1, I managed somehow to cast on only 54 stitches instead of the 56 the pattern calls for. Part of the blame lies with the missing DPN, as I think if I had been using 5 needles instead of 4, I might have detected the problem before I reached the gusset. No do-overs, though. I will just continue with 54 stitches, and adjust the toe decreases accordingly.



The sock colorway is called "Denim Stripes" and I was thinking it would be nice to make the socks match. I knit round after round, without seeing a repeating pattern to the stripes, though, until - at last! - nearly done with the gusset, I think I see the right color sequence coming up.

This sock is knitting up really quickly, and I was wondering why. Well, duh, the sock yarn is not fingerling but sport weight.

Oh, and an FYI on anyone using the Magic Stripes sock pattern from Lion Brand: the number of rows for the heel flap should be 38, not 28.

No comments: