Sunday, July 01, 2007

Taking a Break from Socks

Well, that boxy toe from my previous post did not work. Once I had knit enough to try it on, there was obviously going to be 'way too much sock for my toes. So I just stopped.

Instead, I have been working on a "no hair day" chemo hat (pattern here). Last winter, during a manic phase, I bought up a bunch of Fun Fur that was on sale (10 for $10!!!) with no idea of what to do with it. It has come in handy for this project. I'm using up the Stripes: Night Sky skeins first, thinking the result would be a nice mixture of black, gray, and white, sort of like my own hair. But the yarn is definitely striping. Eyelash yarn is not exactly my favorite - no give, difficult to see what you're doing, 100% polyester - but I hope the recipient has fun with it. I'm planning to send it to Kaps for Kendall.

I have also been working on my daughter's lacy top from Glamour Knits. I have started this pattern multiple times, managing to screw up royally over and over again. I finally got smart and started adding life lines every 6 rows, and of course, have not screwed up once since then. I also have learned to knit a couple of rows, then take a break, because if I knit too long at one time, I am about 1000% more likely to make a mistake.

No comments: