Sunday, October 07, 2007

Da Bums

The Cubs were swept (swept!) out of the playoffs. Now I can abandon baseball and focus on the Colts. (Who said, "I don't know much about football, but I know a tight end when I see one."? Sylvia?)

I'm beginning to think of the Falling Leaves lace shawl as my football shawl. The family room is a bit dim, so the cream-colored yarn is easy to see. I should have it done by the end of the season.

This dishcloth is done, though.



It's my just-to-prove-a-point dishcloth.

For a brainless project (and after seeing one knit by qutecowgirl), I started this scarf, but after three or four starts, I abandoned it. One complaint was that the photos with the pattern make the fabric look like some kind of waffle stitch, with stockinette stitches in the center of the waffle. But that's not what the pattern yields; I should have paid more attention to the photo at qutecowgirl. I went with the pattern on size 8 needles, but didn't like the results. Tried again on size 6 needles. Nope. Tried to make a waffle stitch without success. Finally gave up and started the Math Geek scarf from Knitting Pattern a Day Calendar. Interesting pattern but it doesn't work with the yarn, either. I originally bought this Paton Classic Wool merino for a crocheted scarf and the yarn seems determined to be nothing else. I don't feel like crocheting right now, though, so it's back in the stash with you!

The Schaefer socks are progressing nicely, though.



I like doing both at the same time. The heel looks like a birds-eye pattern. Between that and the textured rib and the stockinette, the colorway is just enthralling.

3 comments:

Qutecowgirl said...

Hey at least the cubs made the playoffs (hey Mets - what happened?!) anyway onto hockey and football - Go Green Bay (I like Farve)

Sorry to hear about the scarf, but your sock looks gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

ooh I love your sock! Is that the clara Barton color?

bittenbyknittin said...

Yes, allison, that is "Clara Barton". I just love it.