Monday, October 08, 2007

Five Things You Don't Know About Me

1. My real name is not Abby. When I write, I feel naked. I wanted to blog to develop a regular writing habit, though, and the only way that was going to happen was by being as anonymous as I could without out and out lying.

2. All my life, I have been ahead of my time. I wore blue jeans before they went designer. I grew an organic market garden before anyone was willing to pay premium prices for such produce. Even the wireless doorbell was my idea, but six months later, someone else brought it to market.

3. I used to be a freelance writer. You can find my articles in the archives of magazines such as Acres USA, Soybean Digest, and Organic Gardening and Farming. Someday I shall be freelance again.

4. I am overeducated. I have a BA in peace studies and psychology, and a BS in computer science. The former I never made concrete use of, the latter is being outsourced and offshored.

5. I smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day. I feel guilty about it, but sometimes ya just gotta be ba-a-ad!

And now, a tribute to the lowly sticky note:



What would we do without them?



Besides swear a lot over which row and which stitch comes next.

1 comment:

Qutecowgirl said...

I think knitters everywhere should buy stock in post its. I know I go through tons of them. = )