Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy Feet, Happy Me

Despite the balmy, unseasonably warm weather (low 70's yesterday, high 70's today), I wore my Clara Bartons to work yesterday. I found myself looking at my feet while walking, sitting, working, etc. I can't believe how happy the sight of those red toes made me. I also wore the red enamel earrings my son bought me at a PTO fundraiser when he was in grade school and the red sweater my daughter bought me several years ago. Quite the head-to-toe ensemble.

The other day while knitting, this thought entered my mind: This is my true work. Ever since then, I have been puzzling over what this means. It could stem from my I-hate-my-job-and-just-want-to-knit daily state of mind. It could be my age (I grew up in the 50's and am imprinted with "Leave It to Beaver" so my internal clock says I should be a retired homemaker by now). Or it could lead to my next career. The idea of a knitting cafe really appeals to me. Coffee and yarn - what more could you want?

2 comments:

Ally said...

Coffee, yarn and a cuddly dog. That's all this gal needs :)

Qutecowgirl said...

Oh that would be great!! coffee and Yarn ar 2 of my favorite things. = )


Maybe someone is trying to tell you something. = )