Saturday, July 26, 2008

Knitting Orgy

It was too humid to do much outside work today, so I retreated to the living room, listened to David Sedaris on CD, and knit, knit, knit. I worked mostly on the Tropical Treat baby blanket that somehow fell by the wayside, plus the Go with the Flow socks.



I'm actually farther along that this photo indicates; each leg is halfway done.

My Sitcom Chic continues to sit in the time-out chair while I debate continuing or ripping it out and starting over on smaller needles. Periodically, I pull a sleeve over my arm, but I just can't make up my mind which way to go.

But I learned my lesson regarding swatching, at least for sweaters. The Minimalist Cardigan is in the queue, and I even have the yarn recommended in the pattern, but mine is variegated and I wasn't sure how it would look in the moss stitch.



It looks a bit like boucle, which is okay. The sweater is knit in three pieces (back and two fronts) plus the sleeves. Hope the variegated colors work out.

The photo does not show it, but this yarn has a surprising amount of green in it. I thought I was getting more of a periwinkle. That is the problem with purchasing yarn online in a color designated as 127.

Several knitting bloggers are attacking their WIP piles this summer, so I decided to pull one off my stack. This is the Falling Leaves shawl.



The dressing wires are perfect for blocking rectangular shawls. In the process of blocking, I discovered a hole near the center graft. I pinned it before it could get out of hand.



The yarn is a wool-acrylic blend and I wasn't sure whether it would block well.



So far, so good. We'll see how it holds its shape once dry.

No comments: