Friday, July 11, 2008

Second Guessing

While working on a project, any project, do you find yourself thinking, "The next time I knit/crochet/cook/weld this, I will change x, y, and z"? And then do you knit/crochet/cook/weld it again and make those changes? I almost always do the former, but rarely the latter.

The Embossed Leaves socks are coming out smaller than I expected, so I tell myself, Next time I will go up a needle size.



The Sitcom Chic sweater is going to be a bit larger than planned and I don't really like how the yarn is knitting up on US8 needles, so I tell myself, Next time I will drop a needle size.



(This is the Sitcom Chic on top of the red-red-red sweater I knit last winter. They are knit in a similar manner, and I wanted to see how the sizes compare and whether I need to make the sleeves longer. I really like red. Can you tell?)

I know the last time I made the One Skein Baby Sweater, I thought to myself, Next time I will knit both sleeves at the same time. And I did.



This is the third Lion Brand baby blanket, and for once I am following the pattern.



These are the projects I plan to take on vacation. The socks are going because they are in the homestretch and are relatively portable, as long as I don't accidentally pull the needles out. The blanket is my Big But Brainless project. The Sitcom Chic will soon be off those awful INOX US8 DPNs, and I'm looking forward to that. The baby sweater? I doubt I will work on it, but it is close to completion and maybe, just maybe, I'll be done with everything else and need something to do.

Maybe.

No comments: