Friday, July 04, 2008

Socks, I Needed That

Yesterday I was quite the crab. Nothing I did made me feel better, not even knitting. But today I spent several hours out in the yard, enjoying the most perfect weather a body could stand, then slipped inside during the heat of the day for a little sock therapy.

I don't know why the Embossed Leaves socks sat neglected for so long. Maybe because the dark brown yarn requires natural light (and lots of it) for these middle aged eyes. Maybe because I just know they are going to be too small (why, oh why did I not use the US2 needles the pattern called for?) Maybe because I was just a little tired of socks. Who knows? All I know is that I really enjoyed working on them today. In fact, the legs are done and I am ready for heel flaps.

And now that I have seen the "Cat Bordhi demonstrates Judy Becker's Magic Cast-on" video (and yes, Toni, I watched the whole thing - I talk to my pets the way she talks to her needles), I'm anxious to once again try my hand at toe-up socks.

2 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

Did her incessant chattering not make you crazy? I watched it twice and knew it was a good thing I'd never take a class from her as I'd probably run screaming from the room!

However, it was informative between all the unnecessary words.

Toni said...

Ha! Ha! I've watched it halfway through twice--does that count? :)

The latest issue of Knitter's Magazine has an article with diagrams of the magic cast on, so now it can even be portable!!!