Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm Afraid

Even though I am skeins away from being finished, I was reviewing the bind off instructions for the Vintage Shawl and discovered that the columns of knit stitches are all supposed to be dropped, from bind off to cast on.



Gulp! I've never done that before. Ordinarily, a knitter tries NOT to drop stitches. The only scarier thing I can think of is steeking.

Meanwhile, I (heart) web-based conferencing. This cool bit of technology allows me (and many others) to participate in a meeting without leaving our cubicles. We view presentation materials online while listening over our phones. I have a headset, so my hands are free for knitting.



Heels have been turned and a gusset started on the Hedgerow socks. I am liking this pattern more and more, primarily because it is so carefully written. So far, my addition of a pattern repeat has not caused any problems, but (again) I read ahead and realize I may have to get creative with the toes in order to accommodate my extra stitches.

Be brave!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Ooh, I've never done that either--or at least not on purpose. Part of me thinks it would be fun--the other part would probably need heavy sedatives.....