Thursday, April 16, 2009

The early bird gets... nothing

A friend of mine is having a rough time. Some of us thought it would be a good idea to send her a care package. I know this friend has a beloved Tiffany lamp, and thought it would be fun to design and knit a dishcloth using a Tiffany lamp theme.

Tiffany lamps use bold, primary colors for the most part. Dishcloths use cotton yarn. I do not have much bold, primary-colored cotton yarn. Stash enhancement expedition!

I don't shop at Hancock Fabrics often enough to remain on their regular mailing list, but they recently sent me a flier anyway. The one sale item I noticed was 50% off Lion Brand yarn. Serendipity, baby!

So I stopped by the store the other night, grabbed a basket - I was planning on a major yarn purchase - but there were no signs indicating the yarn was on sale. I asked the young man at the checkout if he had a copy of the flier. He did, and we discovered that the sale does not start until April 30.

So now I have to wait TWO WHOLE WEEKS to make that major yarn purchase. Oh, the humanity!

2 comments:

Lara said...

Oh, bummer! Do you ever knit with the Peaches & Creme cotton yarn that the ladies at Mason-Dixon rave about? It's quite nice and comes in a million colors.

bittenbyknittin said...

I don't think I have tried Peaches & Cream but I have tried Sugar 'n Cream. The Lion Brand has larger skeins, but otherwise comparable.