Thursday, December 11, 2014

13 days until xmas

Sometimes the finishing is the hardest part. I use Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off for toe up socks, but for some reason I could not get into the rhythm right away. Eventually it came, but struggles like this make me feel like I am getting dumber and dumber.


Pattern: none to speak of
Yarn: ONLine Supersocke 6-fach Milano Color, colorway 1616 (grays)
Needles: US3
Details: Turkish cast on (12 stitches, increased to 56 stitches), stockinette for foot, gusset heel, stockinette for leg, 1x1 ribbing for cuff, Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off


I refer to socks knit in DK as "boot socks" and made the legs a bit longer than usual. The foot came out a bit long, and the toes have "bunny ears". Not perfect but perfectly wearable by the intended recipient.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Very nice!