Sunday, December 21, 2014

3 days until xmas

This is the LAST handknit xmas gift for 2014. It is blocking as I write. I need to give the xmas socks a good soak to plump up the stitches, but otherwise I am DONE (unless I decide to whip up something extra for the g'daughter, like a hat, as she lost one).


Pattern: Noro Striped Scarf, by Jared Flood
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden, colorway 357
Needles: US9
Modifications: I used only one colorway but knit from two skeins at a time, staggering the color shifts. Also, I used a provisional cast on and joined the ends to make it a moebius. Grafting instructions for ribbing may be found at Techknitting.


I draped this around my neck while preparing to soak it - MMM! Very soft and warm and cuddly. I may have to make one of these for myself. When I am done with my fiber diet. Which right now appears to be NEVER. Many stash-busting projects are lined up for 2015.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That's going to make the recipient very happy!