Monday, March 28, 2016

New favorite socks

My xmas gift to myself is done - one comfy pair of xmas-themed socks. Spring is trying to be sprung around here, but today I deemed the temps low enough to justify wool socks. Then I declared these my new favorites.


Pattern: Short-row toe and heel basic socks, by Wendy D. Johnson
Yarn: Simply Socks Yarn Co Poste Yarn Striping, in 'Jollyville', and Simply Socks Yarn Co Simply Sock, in 'Silver Lining'
Needles: US1
Modifications: Heel and toe and ribbing in contrasting color


Usually, I buy sock yarn on sale and get what is available, but this xmas I decide to splurge and buy the prettiest yarn instead of the most economical. A pretty yarn does not need a fancy pattern to shine. This pattern is becoming my go-to sock pattern, as the short row heel provides a better fit than a gusseted heel.


And the fit is perfect.

No comments: