Sunday, May 29, 2016

Summertime knitting

Not much knitting gets done during the summer. And what does get done is usually in cotton. This year I am not even doing that, at least not yet, although I think some dishcloths are calling to me.

I am knitting a bit here and there, on these socks. With the garden and yard needing so much attention, though, the bit of knitting has been very little. I keep thinking, Once the yard is under control... (as if that will ever happen).


In an attempt to motivate myself to pursue dyeing more seriously, I purchased some blank yarn (Lamb's Pride and Cascade 220), as well as alum and iron for mordants (from Dharma Trading Co.) So far, it hasn't worked. There is just so much *other* time critical stuff to tend to right now. Someday, though.

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

Yard work and work in general do keep us from knitting although I have to admit I knit year round, that is why there is air conditioning!
HUgs,
Meredith

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Those are beautiful socks!