Thursday, July 21, 2016

Xmas in July

I finished the Sugar Plum Mountain socks. They look rather xmas-y. This is the last of the xmas-themed self-striping yarn I purchased from Simply Sock Yarn Co.


Pattern: Short-row heel and toe basic sock, by Wendy D. Johnson
Yarn: SSYC Poste Yarn, Striping, in 'Sugar Plum Mountain' and SSYC Simply Sock Yarn in 'Silver Lining'
Needles: US1
Modifications: None really, other than to knit the toe and heel in contrasting yarn, as self-striping yarn does not work well with short rows; the cuff is in contrasting yarn as well


At least, I *think* this is the last of the xmas-themed yarn. I go a little overboard when I visit the store and see new batches of their self-striping Poste Yarn. A couple of weeks ago, I went in to buy another skein of 'Silver Lining', and somehow left with 'Seattle Coffee Blues' as well.


The next few days are going to be hot, hot, HOT, weatherwise. I expect to spend some quality time with my fiber projects. Stay tuned!

No comments: