Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Quick update

I'm home. Yesterday's surgery went well, despite my hip being worse than expected. In recovery, I was crying because my hip hurt so much, but after several doses of morphine, things were under control and just got better. Today the PT and OT people thought I was ready to go home, the doctor not so much. However, I talked him into it.

Parkview has a reputation for collecting the most money from insurance companies, despite being a not-for-profit hospital system in an area where the cost of living is relatively low. The extra money goes into several foundations that funnel money back into the community. I feel I received excellent care BUT I'm sure they could pay their employees better, especially those lower on the scale. They could provide more benefits, too.

I did absolutely NO knitting while there. Since I have a sock deadline, I will have to include them in my daily knitting rotation. I don't think I will be able to spin for a while, so that should work out fine.

2 comments:

ErinFromIowa said...

Good to hear you are home. Positive #babysteps with your recovery.👏🌲💃

Mereknits said...

So glad you are home, I wish you a easy recovery and not pain for the holidays.