Saturday, March 21, 2020

The retired introvert

I'd rather we were not going through the current COVID 19 crisis, but I have to admit I kind of like staying home without interruptions or distractions. It was a bit discombobulating at first, but after I learned to embrace the solitude, my attitude improved. Schools here are closed until May, the libraries until mid-April, no recitals to attend (which makes me a little sad), but there is plenty of fiber in this house to play with.

Fiber prep: I am still trying to unknit a sweater but even with the pattern before me, it is a puzzlement. I chose the pattern in part because of the unique construction. Apparently, it cannot be deconstructed.
Knitting: I started a new pair of socks. Originally, I could not decide what contrasting color to use for the toes, but today I selected some cheerful yellow. The daffodils in the yard will not be far behind.
Spinning: Still working on the fractal spinning. I am loving the colorway.
Weaving: Making progress with the online weaving class. I am loving that new Mirrix loom.

While I sit safely at home, there are others who work to keep us supplied with goods and services and protection and healthcare. Without them, we would all be doomed. To them, I say THANK YOU!

No comments: