Sunday, March 08, 2020

Fiber interrupted

I was right - not much fiber activity took place during the installation of the laminate. The good news is the house looks really great with new flooring. The living room walls are now the color of chocolate milk ("Nearly Brown") while the master bedroom is *blue* ("Rest Assured"). The other rooms remained the same. I purchased a Bissell Crosswave which vacuums and mops at the same time, and can be used on hardwood, laminate, tile, and area rugs (product endorsement!) Even the Roomba works better on laminate, finishes in record time; since it is not sucking up carpet fiber with the dog hair, the bin doesn't need to be emptied over and over, either.

Knitting: I did manage to knit up several swatches for a possible sweater, but just could not achieve gauge. By the third try, I had lost my enthusiasm for that project, plus if the winters remain as mild as the past one, sweaters will not be needed anyway.

A fiber friend and I made a presentation to the weavers guild about natural dyeing. That took a bit of preparation to say the least. When I speak in front of an audience, I feel as though I am babbling and my mind blanks occasionally, but everyone seemed attentive and interested, asking good questions and contributing their experiences as well. I think it was successful.

No comments: