Saturday, August 07, 2021

Fairly done

I picked up my county fair entries last Sunday. The judge's comments were generous and positive, but the process could use a few tweaks. The protocols for drop-off and pick-up are well organized, and comment sheets were attached to the items. In the display area, each item had a little card identifying the entrant, but nothing else. It would be helpful if the cards included information like the category (there's some overlap) and some detail about the item, i.e. title, content, technique, etc. Or maybe I am spoiled by art museums.


Spinning: Still plugging away on the red Tunis.
Weaving: Managed to get some inkling done this past week. The trick is to stop *before* my shoulders start to hurt.

I have some yarn I tinked from a sweater project that never got finished. In an effort to bust it, I started to crochet an afghan with it. After almost finishing one square, I've come to the conclusion that, one, the pattern is a bit too difficult (and some of the instructions are missing and/or could use better punctuation, and two, the color runs in the variegated yarn are too short for crochet. I'll have to come up with another idea.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

look at all those exciting ribbons, well done!