Friday, September 24, 2021

Second brain fart

I thought we were supposed to warp our inkle looms for the Saturday workshop, but I was wrong; warping is part of the workshop. I can see why because it is different from any other inkle warping I have done before. There has also been some confusion over when the workshop starts, as the instructor is on CDT, not EDT. That has been straightened out.

Knitting: Still working on the Habitation throw (and will be for a while).
Spinning: The red Tunis is FINISHED!!! I still need to weigh and label the skeins. There is a LOT of yarn. I have no idea what I am going to do with it.

And this isn't all of it!

Weaving: Carefully removed the warp on the inkle loom in hopes of restoring it at a later date. I used painter tape to hold it all together.

I'm posting this progress report a bit earlier than usual because it will be a busy weekend. There is the "Turned Krokbragd on an Inkle Loom" workshop on Saturday, so my usual Saturday chores are pushed to Sunday. Then I need to prep the house, deliver the dogs to the kennel, precook some meals, etc. in anticipation of surgery. A lot going on at the last minute, it seems, even though we decided to skip the Michiana Pottery Tour this year.

No comments: