Sunday, March 19, 2023

Doing my bit

I have been a member of both the weaving guild and the spinning guild long enough now that I am targeted to serve as an officer on one or the other each year. So far, I have fended them off with repeat joint replacement surgeries. Now I find myself doing behind-the-scenes stuff for each, like organizing workshops, that I have a response prepared for when I am asked again: Aren't I doing enough already?!? I hope it works.

Knitting: Still working on the socks; I'm almost up to the cuff. I like knitting socks, but am so glad when I finish a pair.
Spinning: I still haven't plied the silk/merino/tencel blend singles, as I may want to chain ply them; the problem is I don't really know how to chain ply. So I started spinning some of that Polish merino I purchased, and have blended some of the colors together - using my drum carder clamped to the drafting table - so handy!


Weaving: I finished joining the two blanket panels; if I were to do it again, I'd use larger needles, as the knitting pulls the weaving in a bit. The scarf on the rigid heddle loom is progressing; today I wove for an hour straight.


In the past few weeks I have felt like my energy is finally back to 100% post-surgery. It takes me about three months to fully recover. Now I am finding there aren't enough hours in the day, to do everything I want to. The older one gets, the more grateful one becomes for each healthy day.

1 comment:

Qutecowgirl said...

Chain plying = single crochet. Just bigger and using your hands. It's what helped me visualize it. Glad to hear you back to full energy =)