Saturday, October 28, 2023

Not much new

About all I have been doing lately is knitting on Bigfoot's socks. No weaving, no spinning, no dyeing, just knitting. And yet, the Lempi sweater is being ignored.

Part of the problem is life intervenes. (How can I be so busy when I am retired?!?) Part of the problem is things just seem so disorganized.

For example: I started weaving a rug on my 24" rigid heddle loom. It's clamped to a table in the studio, about the only place it can go because of the Freedom Roller. But there is something off-putting about that room.

Rug in progress...

Zooming out...

Ugh

And that is not all of my fiber and fiber equipment! When I walk in there, I just want to turn around and close the door. I keep rearranging things, but there is simply too much stuff.

Knitting: Almost to the heels on my son's socks.

I skipped the last spinning guild meeting because they did not have the program that was scheduled (for the second time in a row). Instead, they wanted to talk about nominating officers and what programs to have next year. The meetings are recorded on FB, and I tried watching later, but could not hear most of what was being said. I admit I'm a bit jaded about that guild right now. We'll see what the coming year will bring.

No comments: