Monday, November 20, 2023

Heading into the holidays

Sorry for my absence - it's been a couple of busy weeks, culminated with a weekend trip out of town that served as my family's holiday gathering. Now things will quiet down a bit, at least for me, until xmas eve.

Knitting: The Trekking sock yarn self-striping pattern contained an error in the striping, which slowed me down, but I'm almost at the cuffs. Thinking I wanted some knitting on our weekend getaway, I started a cowl, using the merino-tencel-silk blend I spun a while back, but then I didn't even take it along for the ride.


Last week, probably because I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, I moved almost everything fiber-related to the "studio". Two of my bedrooms are primarily full of fiber and fiber equipment, and I couldn't stand to have it anywhere else in the house. It may be the pottery projects that were populating the breakfast bar and dining room table were sending me over the edge. Those projects are mostly off to be fired now, so maybe I will get a grip... for a while.

No comments: