Sunday, August 30, 2026

My fidgetspinner

I've been so busy lately that I found myself rebelling by just sitting and knitting. For me, knitting is soothing, even when it doesn't work and I have to rip it back. Knitting is my fidgetspinner.

Dyeing: More indigo dyeing.
Knitting: I'm continuing to work on the snowflake headband. I started another pair of "Quirky" socks - toes finished. The previous pair is done-done.
Spinning: I demo'd at the farmer's market again this past week, using both the e-spinner and a spindle; both last week and this I was (jokingly) told I was "cheating" by using the e-spinner.

Many (30+) years ago, I purchased a quilt at the now-defunct L.S. Ayres. It shows the many years it spent on my bed. A quilting friend of mine thinks it is beyond repair (or attractive repair - there is always "visible mending"), but I got it into my head that I could make a quilted jacket from it. Finding a pattern that matches what is in my head is another matter. The one in this book comes close:



My only concern is my sewing skills - they may not be up to this jacket.

No comments: