Friday, August 03, 2007

Yearning for Yarning

After expressing my JIT stash philosophy in the previous post, I was a little surprised to find myself on a mini yarn crawl.

What started it was learning that Lion Brand is discontinuing their Magic Stripes yarn. The last time I was in Hancock's, they had a somewhat extensive selection of Magic Stripes, so I wandered in there the other night, just to see if there was any left. And there was nary a skein to be found.

But Joann's is just around the corner, so I stopped in there as well. No sock yarn of any kind, but I did pick up one ball of Sugar and Cream, just for comparison purposes against Lion Cotton. And a pair of US15 29" circular needles.

I did look around a bit in both stores, but did not see any yarn that excited me, just the same old Fun Fur and Wool-Ease and Homespun. I miss the LYS. Yarn can be bought online, but there is just something about seeing the colors in natural light and feeling up the skeins.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Qutecowgirl said...

i love the "just to see" part. When I go into Michaels I always look at the yarn but you are right the same old wool ease, homespun etc. (when in joann's I can be found in the fabric).

Well girl if your are ever in my part of the woods I would take you to my LYS. Half the store is sock yarn. needless to say lately I only go in with cash and no wallet. It is too tempting!!!