Saturday, March 07, 2009

Funky

I seem to be in a bit of a knitting funk. February Lady is still inching along, but with little fire. The kfb stitches in the Crosswalker socks were bugging me, so I started a pair of Fools Rush socks which incorporate slip2tog-k1-p2sso stitches (which I think I am doing wrong) - as if that would be easier. There are other UFOs laying about, but none of them are calling to me.

Maybe it's the late winter blahs. Maybe it's because I have been super busy at work. Maybe it's the book on CD I am listening to. (Collapse by Jared Diamond. Very interesting but very depressing. Makes one wonder if the world would be a better place without human beings.)

There is something to look forward to next weekend, however. A fiber festival! In Jay County! About an hour away! And I'm signed up for a spindling class! (Sorry about the exclamation points - trying to generate some enthusiasm.)

What do you do when you are in a knitting funk?

2 comments:

Qutecowgirl said...

Yep the blahs. Well I am in one too. I finished two thing that had to be finished but I should have finished them a lot fast then I did. Just did not want to but I made myself. Usually I either start something I want to and do not think about wips laying about. Go stash diving to get some inspiration or bounce to another hobby of mine (Which as you might know are many)

so Last night I started a pair of socks for me in yarn I bought for my self months ago and I am planning on sewing too and hopefully a little spinning too

Speaking of spinning have fun in that class. and do not get discouraged. Baby steps plus everyones first spinning is never pretty , well that I have seen so far.

Amy said...

I hate getting in those funks. I'm in one now, too. I want to work on something but nothing's really floating my boat. To help get out of the dreaded funks I read other knitter's blogs and hope for inspiration.