Monday, November 30, 2009

Jason's xmas socks

Usually when I knit socks, I follow a specific pattern and hope that they fit someone, preferably the person I am knitting them for. Now I am trying for a more custom fit, and toward that end, conducted a foot measuring this past weekend of all those who receive socks from me. My son-in-law would not cooperate, though, so he is stuck with these. My SO wears almost the same size shoes, and he deemed them a good fit, so all should be well.



Pattern: Generic toe-up socks with ribbed cuff
Yarn: Online Supersocke 6-fach (sport weight), colorway 1083
Needles: US2 DPNs
Details: easy toe, easy heel, invisible ribbed bind off

By the time I finished these socks, I was thoroughly sick of them. Does it feel like toe-up socks take longer to knit that top-down to you? It does to me.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I measure all the "guy socks" I may by my boyfriend's feet - he's got the biggest so I never worry they will be too small!
Those look great. Love the yarn