Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kinky

Still no baby, and it is just as well, because, well, you remember that aqua-colored blanket?  Frogged.  Last Sunday I tried to seam it.  Even in the best of circumstances, I find seaming to be challenging.  In this case, I quickly became frustrated, and in a fit of pique, ripped the whole thing back to its origins.


It wasn't just the seaming that drove me over the edge, but the whole project.  I just did not like the results.  If I were to knit this particular blanket pattern ever again, I would knit it all of a piece instead of in strips.


But I'm not knitting it again.  Instead, I am knitting the Pine Forest Baby Blanket.  Does that stitch look familiar?


Yep, it's the gull stitch, same as what is used in the February baby sweater.  What can I say?  I love this stitch.  BTW, while soaking the kinky wads of yarn, the water turned pinkish, which gives me hope that the dye stains will wash out.

While I wasn't frogging last Sunday, I was watching football and continuing to work on Belinda.  I decided to keep my morale up by taking a weekly progress photo.


This picture was taken on Tuesday and illustrates we are at about 7.5 inches.

No comments: