Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Practice socks

These are my Irish cottage knitting practice socks in stockinette. They turned out a bit small - I knit 9.5 stitches per inch instead of my usual 7-8 on US1 DPNs, and I blame the new knitting method. I was also using the square needles, which may have also contributed to the tight stitches.


Yarn: S.R. Kertzer On Your Toes 4-ply with aloe vera, in colorway 3824
Needles: US1 DPNs (square)
Pattern: Sock Recipe by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, with a short row heel and rounded toe

I tried to get a photo of the socks in situ, but most of the pictures were "art shots", i.e. blurry. That kid just does not sit still! As you an see, she is also wearing her leg warmers.


Next trick is to knit a pair in reverse stockinette, so I can practice lever knitting purl stitches.

1 comment:

elns said...

I like a girl who layers her knitwear! I like how in this "still" photo, she is obviously in action. The socks are great, even if you expected them to be larger. I am still very new to sock knitting.