Sunday, January 29, 2023

Do you yarn bowl?

Quite a while ago (August, 2016, to be exactish), I glazed a yarn bowl at our local Bisque It Studio. It sat on a shelf, unused, until lately. I was having trouble with my handspun red Tunis - pulling it off the ball any which way added more twist, making it extra kinky. The yarn bowl came to my rescue - the yarn spins around inside the bowl. Of course, this is assuming the yarn is coming off the outside of the yarn cake and not from the center.


Knitting: The red Tunis 'Graham' hat is going well - I'm almost to the crown. (I probably just jinxed myself.)
Spinning: The fine spinning of the mystery yarn is off the spool. There is a lot more of this fiber, but I can't decide if I should continue with the fine spinning or move onto something else.

My daughter and family were all sick at xmas, so the gift exchange happened only recently. During the pandemic, she taught herself to embroider. That's when she started these refrigerator magnets. One is missing from the pic, as she used a glue gun to attach the very strong magnets - the magnet stays behind when you try to pull the object off the refrigerator. We'll have to try something like Gorilla Glue next.


My shoulder continues to improve, to the point I am contemplating warping a loom or two. Yay!

No comments: