Sunday, February 05, 2023

Just what I (don't) need

Yesterday I went to a spin-in at my (sort of) local spinning shop, Little Shop of Spinning. Phia hosts these events the first Saturday of the month. The problem with meeting at the spinning shop is I almost always make a purchase of one kind or another. This time it was two braids of fiber, silk/merino blend with tencel. It's so soft! But more fiber is about the last thing I need.


Knitting: The 'Graham' hat in red Tunis is finished, awaiting blocking. I started a pair of socks today, just to make sure I have a portable knitting project; one toe is done.
Spinning: I decided to continue fine spinning the mystery fiber. It has a nice long staple that lends itself well to that purpose.

It's been a long time since I knit socks, despite having a lot of sock yarn. I had to crack open my go-to reference for toe-up socks, Wendy D. Johnson's Socks from the Toe Up. I favor the short-row methods for toes and heels, and use a contrasting yarn for both, plus the cuff. The break did me good - I'm excited about this project.

No comments: