Saturday, February 18, 2023

Reorganizing

Despite my best intentions, the "studio" (a spare bedroom) had turned into a junk room. It was too easy to just toss things in there and close the door. There were weaving projects in there to work on, but I just couldn't stand to be in that mess. Time for a reorg!

One conclusion I had was the room is too small for everything that I was trying to cram in there. So I moved the two bookcases into the other spare room and loaded them up. One contains mostly spun and dyed yarn (neatly bagged in ziplocks), the other books, magazines, and weaving yarns (with felting materials on top).

Today I emptied everything else out of the studio except for the furniture, and my SO came over to help me set up a drafting table. With the resulting arrangement, I have two tables I can work on from both sides, and all three tables are different heights.


A cupboard that is not in either pic now holds all the unspun roving.


A side effect of all this work is I removed non-fiber items from the room (mostly old letters and family photographs I "inherited" from my dad), so now need to reorg the closets so I can put that stuff away. Two of the bedroom closets contain nine-cube units, one full of commercial yarn (I have a LOT of yarn), the other now holds an assortment of fiber tools and art supplies. I'm sure once I'm done, more than a few things will wind up at the Goodwill.

The studio looks so nice now I want to keep the door open. We'll see if that turns out to be a mistake, feline-wise. Hopefully, I'll be drawn in there to work on stalled weaving projects and UFOs. That's my hope.

No comments: