Sunday, June 30, 2024

Non-matching socks

As I've explained before, I like the socks I knit to match. However, when I tried to pull the yarn out of the center-pull skein, a mess ensued. So I gave up on the idea of matching socks - these are for my SO and he doesn't mind - and just took off with them.


Yarn: Zwerger Garn Opal Harry Potter, in 'Hedwig' (2352) colorway
Pattern: Short-row Toe and Heel Basic Socks, by Wendy D. Johnson
Needles: US1
Modifications: Instead of the short-row toe, I did an easy-toe cast on, starting with 16 stitches to produce a more rounded toe.


The yarn is from the estate sale that occurred over multiple spinning guild meetings. Ordinarily, I shy away from commercial tie-in things (no offense to Harry Potter fans), but I do like the yarn patterns.


These will go to my SO as soon as I've had a chance to share them at the next spin-in and the guild picnic.

No comments: